Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Take Away


Take Away'Hello''Helloo''Can I order chicken curry ,please. I 'll come and collect it myself'.'In the same container?''Yes ,please.''With no onion?''Errr yeah ,no onion.''Ok, it will be ready for collection in few minutes.'My girlfriend hates onion. I have been using the same take away for more than a year now. Every time we had chinese take away,she made sure there was no onion in it.As the romanian cuisine is based on onion, I did miss a bit of onion in my food.So I brushed it off the same way I did with bread ,years ago.We split up few months ago.the shop assistants ( a young guy about 24 yo and a girl about the same age,both chinese) got the know me quite well,especially as my ex was very talkative .
window.google_render_ad();
They would chat us up every time ,asking when are we going to get married. I would smile politely and watch my g/f telling them that we are bound to get married very soon.I even started it to believe it myself. I 've met her parents,they loved me so we had green light.Well ,few months ago we broke up.The shop assistants don't know that.I do like onion .Yet I just can't bring me myself to tell them that.I don't wanna spoil what they think about me.A nice young guy ,about to get married to a nice young girl,who orders lately just one portion of chicken curry.For as long they will trouble themself to pick all the onion out ,I will keep saying: Errr, yeah....no onion please.

No comments: